* Recently Updated *
This newly updated module explores various ways that educators create, adapt, adopt, and modify curriculum. It addresses many relevant topics, including:
- Standards – what they are and how to use them.
- Learning progressions.
- High expectations and depth of knowledge.
- Extended learning standards.
- Textbooks as curriculum guides.
- Curriculum development, especially backwards design.
This module aligns with:
- Ohio's Leadership Development Framework, Area 3: Instruction and the Learning Process
- Ohio Improvement Process: Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3
Receiving Credit for this Module
The Ohio Leadership Advisory Council offers educators credit and contact hours for OLAC work. Teachers, principals, and superintendents who are working toward license renewal can receive university credit for completing OLAC modules from a number of Ohio universities. Pre-approval is required. For estimated contact hours for credit or to learn more about receiving credit for OLAC work, visit the Credit Corner.
This module features videos, pre- and post-assesments, and questions for discussion.
Number of content pages: 21Enter Module