* Recently Updated *
This newly updated module reviews the latest research and encourages educators to reach consensus around their shared understanding of what constitutes high-quality instructional practice.
This module includes research and information around the following topics:
- What is effective instruction?
- Ways to determine which instructional practices are effective with your students.
- The emerging trends in the area of effective instruction.
- How to plan and design engaging lessons and units.
- How to identify effective teaching strategies.
- Classroom practices that support opportunities to learn for ALL students.
This module aligns with:
- Ohio's Leadership Development Process, Area 3: Instruction and the Learning Process
- Ohio Improvement Process: Stage 2 and Stage 3
Receiving Credit for this Module
The Ohio Leadership Advisory Council offers educators credit and contact hours for OLAC work. Teachers, principals, and superintendents who are working toward license renewal can receive university credit for completing OLAC modules from a number of Ohio universities. Pre-approval is required. For estimated contact hours for credit or to learn more about receiving credit for OLAC work, visit the Credit Corner.
This module features videos, pre- and post-assesments, and questions for discussion.
Number of content pages: 13Enter Module